- Specialized Training: Canadian Association for Play Therapy (CAPTTM) members receive a substantial discount at all CAPT sponsored conferences and other events.
- The CAPTTM Foundation Play Therapy Training offers individual days of unique training in the theory and practice of play therapy. Students can complete the 180 hours of continuing education credits at a pace and time that they choose. The 180 hours are one of the steps needed to become a Certified Play Therapist. The program instructors are professional skilled play therapists who bring expertise on a wide variety of topics. Members receive a discounted rate.
- Publications: CAPTTM members receive the Association’s periodicals as a membership benefit.
- Discounts: CAPTTM is involved in arrangements with some organizations to provide discounts to Association Members.
The Canadian Association for Play Therapy is the professional organization for those interested in Child Psychotherapy, Play Therapy and Counselling with children. CAPTTM performs many important functions for its members including:
- Professional Standards: CAPTTM sets high professional standards for clinical practice. These standards help to ensure that skilled and effective therapy is available throughout the community. CAPTTM has a code of professional ethics to which each member must adhere. Policies and Procedures are in place to govern CAPTTM and guide professional and ethical practices.
- Specialized Training: CAPTTM sets standards of education and training for professional therapist as well as establishing programs of continuing education and training. CAPTTM examines and accredits programs and training centers in Play Therapy. CAPTTM has established a Foundation Play Therapy Training , which offers individual days of unique training in the theory and practice of play therapy.
- Professional Publications: The Association periodicals are published to advance the professional understanding of Play Therapy. Articles are published on clinical practice, research and theory in Child and Play Therapy. CAPTTM members receive these periodicals as a membership benefit. This includes access to the International Journal of Play Therapy (IJPT) during your membership.
Insurance Provider for CAPTTM Members
CAPT & Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd. Have partnered together to offer a very affordable & comprehensive insurance program to cover members for professional liability & general liability. Premiums start at $180.00 per year, with 90 additional modalities members can add to their specific “scope of practice.”
Please feel free to contact Peter Fetherston further for more details.
Adobe Acrobat maybe required to view Membership Form
You can get Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe by clicking on the yellow button below